Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sometimes Things Just Don't Turn Out How You Think

So... when I started this project it was going to be a card and it was going to be an I Love You card.  I've had an idea for the Family is Forever SOTM and when I executed it, the idea morphed into something completely different.  I decided it lent itself to Halloween more than anything, but I don't send Halloween cards... so it grew and grew until I decided it would make a nice decoration to go in my seasonal shadow box frame.
 
 
 
Can you see Family is Forever in there?  The stamped branches and leaves behind the owl are from the September SOTM.  All the cuts are from various Close to My Heart Cricut Cartriges including the frame.  I created the night sky and moon by temporarily fastening a cut out circle onto the paper and sponging ink around it... I started with a light blue and gradually got darker... Outdoor Denim, Purple, Grey, and just a little bit of black.  I'm going to go back and try my original idea again, but I'm happy for the morphed idea because I do love this piece in the end

No comments: