Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Three Amigos Mini Blog Hop-September!

 
 
There.  There it is.  Doesn't look like much, does it.
Maybe you'll like this better:
 
 
 
So... welcome to the Three Amigos Mini Blog Hop.  This month's challenge was to use the #30 Years of Happy National Stamping Month stamp set. in a project.  These oh so cute little stamps have so many uses.  You can use them all by themselves on a little mini card or tag; even better you can use these little accents on almost any card or scrapbook page or other project.   I have used at least one of these stamps on each of my last four projects.... my Owl Sheriff had a mustache... my springy owl was holding onto a gift tag... my Family is Forever card had the Love heart and the little oval You + Me and of course in this one I used a bunch of them!  Here's a couple closeups:




Let me stop here and thank Susan Fogle, one of my Amigos, for Facetime Scrapping with me over the weekend and teaching me how to make one of these Pop-Up Box Cards (I prefer to call it an Explosion Card).  I have sooo many ideas for this style card.  I used the fantastic Paper Fundamentals Whimsy paper pack.... I LOVE these papers... little bit of gloss; little bit of pattern; little bit of embossing.  I used the artbooking cartridge to cut out the sentiment frame, word bubbles, stars and fireworks.  I wrapped some washi tape around sticks I had in my drawer and made little flags with another pattern of washi tape.  I used the twist ties and twisted them in spirals... once I got going this was so much fun!  Mine doesn't hide nicely inside of the card, but hey!... once I started I couldn't stop.... I'm still not sure I'm done...lol!  And those cute little stamps from the special were a perfect addition. 

So... finish your short hop (there are only three stops on this one) by checking out Donna's project this month! Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

comopark1886 said...

Great Box card! That is a perfect project for this stamp set too. Now let's see one with owls!
:-)

Lisa said...

You read my mind ;)

SiskiyouSue said...

Love it! Looks like a party in a box...

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Good night NELLY! Wow! Total FUNN!

Lynn said...

Awesome card! I saw it on SCT and spied CTMH so I had to hop on over. Love it.

Lisa said...

What is sct?

Susan Fogle said...

SCT is Scrapbook and Cards Today. They pinned your card too!

Jen said...

Is there possibly a .svg file for this card available? cjextra@outlook.com