Thursday, October 2, 2014

Three Amigos Mini Blog Hop October

This month's challenge was to create something using one of the great Hostess Rewards stamp sets available at a great low price when you host a qualifying gathering.
 
Since it's time to start getting my Christmas cards made I chose Be Jolly, the oh so cute Christmas sentiment set. 
 
What I love about this set is that it's more than just your average sentiments.  They are fun and you can easily add color by coloring in parts with markers or colored pencils, and I added even more color by just lightly tracing the branches with green and highlighting the berries with red.  The cute little owl peaking out from the corner is not from this set, but a hint to what you might find inside.  I decided to use the sentiment as the highlight of the front of my card because on the inside.......
 
 
I've been playing with the new Artfully Sent cartridge and it's chock full of great card patterns including pop-up cards as well as envelopes, and plenty of cuts that can be used in your scrapbooks or cards of your own design.  On the inside of this card the presents pop out when you open the card.  I used the Owls stamp set to add these two little cuties and cut the sentiment using the Artbooking cartridge.  This was a fun card to make!
 
 
A few more details:  The paper is from Snowhaven; I colored the owls, mistletoe and sentiment on the front with the Shin Han markers.
 
Thanks for stopping by and now you can hop on over to Donna's page to see what she has in store for you!
 

2 comments:

Susan Fogle said...

As soon as I saw the owl peeking on the front, I laughed! I love all of the layering you did and how you cut the stripes from the snowhaven paper for the gifts!

comopark1886 said...

You do things that I would never think of. You really have a creative mind, but I think an owl has taken it over! LOL!