Sunday, December 6, 2015

Happy Owlidays!

 
So, here's another card for the Choux Choux Paper Arts 2015 Visions of Sugarplums Challenge.  I used Charming Cascades again for the star background and embossed it in gold.  The owls are a set from Lori at Choux Choux Paper Arts Etsy store also... another purchase after the Halloween Challenge... The stamps are so cute and shipping is cheap... check them out here.  I stamped the image, watercolored it and cut it out like the snowman so I could pop it up... I do go through my share of popup tape...lol!  The Happy Owlidays sentiment is from an old CTMH special stamp set.

 
I love non-traditional colors for a Christmas card... I'm thinking if I made the background black... hmmm... ok... another idea coming.... but first I have to get to my Atlantic Hearts post!  The weekends just aren't long enough... Check back tomorrow...
 
So... hop on over to the Choux Choux blog and check out all of the great submissions and play along!  There are prizes to be won!

http://www.chouxchouxpaperart.com/2015/12/christmaswinter-challenge-2.html

4 comments:

Mitralee said...

THIS is delish! There is just something about owls...and then add in the gold...

Tracey said...

I love the non traditional colours too! The embossed background looks fabulous, love the cute owls...really pretty card Lisa!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh, all the gold is fabulous! These owls are adorable! I love your cluster with the bow! You have some awesome stamps, Lisa!

Lori said...

Love how the owls are so Christmasy! The gold is so pretty and I love the pink feather. So glad you linked to my challenge at ChouxChoux Paper Art