Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Paper Sweeties July 2016 BLAST FROM THE PAST!


So this month over at Paper Sweeties we're all about the blast from the past!  We're showcasing either projects we've made in the past or new projects using some of our most loved sets from past releases.

I chose to make a couple new ones for you and share one old favorite with you over the next three days.  Today I'm sharing a new project I made and I used a stamp set I have had for a bit but hadn't used yet!


I bought the Let's Go To The Beach stamp and die sets for a few reasons.  I LOVED that pretty balloon in the set... that sand castle is so sweet and the clouds... well, you can always use some clouds and some waves!  But up until now I've only used the cloud dies... so I finally got that pretty balloon down on paper!


So I'm pretty happy with my cloudy background.  I used a cloud diecut and sponged around it in different areas with some Broken China Tim Holtz Distress Ink to create my clouds.  When I was all done, it's hard to see in these pics, but I used some Ken Oliver Liquid Metals that I had mixed with water in a spray bottle and sprayed it over the top.  The color was purple but because I diluted it so much I'm able to spray it lightly on almost anything and just get a shimmer and no color.  Then when it dried I splashed a little more water on the background to get some droplets; let it dry again and die cut a circle.  To be honest, I didn't like the whole background so I just cut out the best part!  Then I die cut a few clouds in vellum so that the background could show through but still add some more cloud layers.

I'm also playing along with the Cut It Up Challenge #100 Anything Goes! (With a Die Cut).  Lots of fun happening over at that Challenge Blog because they are celebrating their 100th!  Be sure to stop over and check it out and play along!


Then I colored in the balloon with my (new) Zig Real Brush markers and splashed a few drops of water on that when I was done too... LOVE these markers.  The difference between these water based markers and the alcohol markers is where you do your blending.  With the water, it soaks into the paper quicker and it's harder to blend after it's on the paper.. so if your goal is to blend, best to do it off the paper on some acrylic or plastic packaging.  Here I just colored with various colors and then splashed it.

And of course I used some of my favorites.. notice an extra heart from inside the heart banner and the squigglies from Sweet Borders Sweet Cuts!  and the Marshmallow Sequins were perfect on this one.  I love the way they pick up some of the colors from your project!


And for my sentiment I decided to use the word die Wish from the oh so sweet and delicate Sweet Cuts Wish dies out of Glitter Paper and the word Big is stamped from the So Sweet Of You sentiment set.

Thanks for stopping today and please be sure to check out all of the projects being showcased by all of the Design Team members:


Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the 2nd Day of Blast From The Past!


9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING that balloon!!!!!

Jeri said...

Awesome card, Lisa! Love that cloudy background you created. It's the perfect backdrop for that colorful balloon. Some day I'm going to save enough for those markers. I've wanted them for so long.

Debbie said...

Love that bright and cheery hot air balloon, Lisa!

Maria said...

Such a pretty card with lovely background!! Love the sparkly sentiment and colorful hot air balloon, too!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a beauty!!! That cloud background is just perfect for that gorgeous hot air balloon!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh, this is so pretty! You have been making lots of cards! Love your cloudy background and that gorgeous hot air balloon! It really pops! Love the sparkly greeting too!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Wow, I loved reading your blog post as much as looking at that gorgeous eye candy! Both well done!

Thanks for celebrating our 100th post with us at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!!! Love the background!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Scrapper69 said...

So very pretty! LOVE the embossing!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations