Saturday, October 29, 2016

Purple Poinsettias for the Hop To Stop


Wanted to share another card for the Hop To Stop Blog Hop to Raise Awareness for Victims of Domestic Violence.  If you want to play along you have until tomorrow and you can visit The Damsel of Distressed Blog to learn more and play along.


I've created another Christmas Card... I'm really starting to like these colors for Christmas.  Have I ever seen a purple poinsettia... no I have not.. unless you count the ones in my head ever since I saw these new Winter Wonderland Dies from Craftin Desert Divas.  I was really hoping I'd get my order before the hop was over and I did (because Tara ships super fast) and went to work on it today.

For the background, I used a snowflake embossing folder to emboss some colonial white paper and then I just dabbed my Versamark Ink over the whole thing and sprinkled some clear gold glitter embossing powder on it.  Now... I will tell you... my bathroom floor and my shirt were covered with glitter when I got done.  I still haven't quite figured out this embossing powder... I don't know when it's "done" and I don't know how to apply it without it blowing all over the place... so when (if) I do ever figure this out... I will certainly let you know.  I added a little clear embossing powder over the top because my glitter kept rubbing off.  Regardless.... I love the way it looks.


These Winter Wonderland dies... LOVE... LOVE.... LOVE.  I used the Stitched in Circles dies as a backdrop for them and the Flag Banner Dies for the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by and let me know you were here.  And don't forget to get your purple on and link up to the hop.  There are prizes!!  And the more linkups the more prizes are given away... it's pretty awesome.  And if you do, visit at least three other projects to do your part, but I highly suggest visiting many more... there are some great people and inspiring stories out there and you may just learn something or maybe you'll read something that sounds familiar and feel not so alone?  Or maybe you'll just brighten someone's day... and that's worth its weight in purple and gold!

I'm not sure if I'll have time for yet another purple creation... you just never know... I did go out and get a few purple things just for this hop so it's possible I'll just do it!  And Hey, Becca!  Thanks for hosting this very important Hop.... you are pretty awesome!




11 comments:

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

such a pretty card :) love the flowers and the background!! thanks for supporting the hop to stop
hugs
Preeti D.

Greta said...

I love purple & gold & I love your beautifully crafted card!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Poinsettias are beautiful and love that embossed and gold background...love everything about it and all the embellishments. Stunning.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING those Poinsettias!!!!!

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful Christmas card, love those purple poinsettias!

Scrapper69 said...

Simply Beautiful Lisa! LOVE the vintage chic look... really lovely!

Theresa

Becca Yahrling said...

Wow, stunning. As usual. lol
I really love how the gold embossing came out, too, and will have to try that.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I love your purple poinsettias! Such a gorgeous card.

KT Fit Kitty said...

I saw this when you posted in on FB and fell in love! Love, love, love the purple poinsettias and all of the gold! Very rich looking - love purple and gold together but I don't think I've ever used this colour combo myself - must remember it!

VanessaB said...

Gorgeous. Sooo elegant.

Becca Cruger said...

Can you say STUNNING? Well I can. And I did. When I was staring at your stunning card. Thank you so much for joining in the Hop to Stop and helping to raise awareness for victims of domestic violence.