Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Mixed Media Fishes with JLO


So this was fun to make!  Love the new Fishing on Phantom Lake Stamp set over at JessicaLynnOriginal!  And yes, you can easily make a card with them that is not masculine... if that's what you want!

I started with my Ken Oliver Colorbursts and my Gelli Plate to create this greenish blue underwater background...I did fill in any white spaces with some watercolor paint and splatters... I kinda like it.. a lot...


Love this Perch stamp from the set... I made it a little more colorful than they normally are, but Artistic License, right?


And love my new coral and seaweed dies from Gina Marie... was so excited to crack these open to use them with this Fish set!  I cut them out of vellum and then applied Versamark ink over the whole thing... I embossed the seaweed using Verdigris embossing powder from Ranger and the coral using Shabby White Embossing Enamel by Stampendous... very happy with how they turned out.  Love that I had a chance to use these pretty tiny little seashells I received along with some happy mail from a crafty friend...


I also used some Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder in Brushed Corduroy to create the sandy bottom and then used liquid glass to add a bit of chunky gold glitter to it... LOVE!!


To give the feel of this guy swimming with a school of fish... before I added all of my other stuff to the background, I embossed some of the smaller Perch using the Verdigree Embossing Powder... I thought it gave the feel that they are further away and almost disappear into the water...


I am left wishing I had made a canvas with this one... but I just might still make one... I could consider this one practice....fingers tapping... thoughts swirling... plans being made...


I thought this sentiment from the Live the Life You Dream About Set was perfect for my nature loving soul... just a reminder to remember... and ... did you notice those bubbles I love?

So here's the set:


And make sure you check out what everyone has made so far and check back often because we're revealing our makes all week!  During this preview period you can get this set here at $2.65 off!

Lisa Bzibziak (You Are Here)

Come back tomorrow for some more mancard!  This one is for the most important man in my life...




2 comments:

Tracey said...

I like your card a lot too...fabulous background colour! Great scene, love the line of sparkle. I have often thought about buying a geli plate...maybe now I need to think a bit harder :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the textures!!!!!!!!!!!!