Monday, May 1, 2017

Going to the Italian Greyhound Dogs!


We'll be revealing projects made with the new AKC Italian Greyhound stamp set from JessicaLynnOriginal all week until release day Saturday, May 6th and here's what I created for you today.

I love this image from the set ... such a sweet face and I knew I wanted to make a soft pretty flowery card.


I used my new Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolor pencils to color her in.  I struggle to keep things soft and light with my copics... too many layers usually trying to blend... so while I work that out, it's fun to use these watercolor pencils because I can create light with even the darker colors just by adding a little more water.  Thanks to my friend and most recent chief enabler, Jean Chaney (You can check out some of her watercoloring with these pencils here and here!), I got these pencils and I just LOVE them along with my water brush.

Jean's suggestion was to use Ranger Archival Ink when watercoloring (which works beautifully) and I like to use CTMH watercolor cardstock because it's nice and smooth for stamping and takes the water pretty well without curling up too much.


The sentiments included in this set are so sweet!  I thought this one was perfect for this girly card and I stamped the little pawprint and embossed in gold.


When I got done, the card seemed a little lopsided so I added a little cluster on the top right to balance it.

Thanks for stopping!  Be sure to check out my teamies blogs all week!  And there's lots going on around here this week so stop back soon!

Lisa Bzibziak (You Are Here!)

You can check out Jessica's You Tube video here!



4 comments:

Georgiana said...

Your greyhound looks wonderful. I have some watercolor pencils I haven't used in awhile since I use paint, but I may need to pull them out again.

Scrapper69 said...

Fantastic card Lisa.. LOVE the image & Design! Have a great day! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Sami said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

Love to detail and love you put into this card. 💕🍀🐾