Thursday, August 24, 2017

MFT Camp Create Bonfire Bonus: Awesome Ombre!

Welcome to my last MFT Camp Create project for this round of Camp Create!  Today I'm taking on the bonus challenge, Awesome Ombre!  Here's what I created:


This one has been rolling around in my head for a few days now.  And when I started in my head it did not look like this at all... wasn't even about coffee!  But in the end... this beautiful coffee cup die from Stamplorations was calling me so who am I to deny it?

I started with some watercolor paper.  I simply swiped on brown watercolor paint right across the paper... and as I worked my way up the panel, I used more water and less paint.. this is all the same color since my pallet didn't have but ONE brown.. can you believe it??  When I got to the top, I just started over again from the botton with some heavy paint and again added a bit more water as I went up... tried to blend it  and I guess I was somewhat successful... 


Once the paint was dry, I began randomly stamping the coffee bean stamp from Paper Sweeties.  I stamped closer together at the bottom where it was darker and got further apart as I worked my way up the page.  I felt it would lend more to the ombre effect that way... idk if it did, but I like it!


I've been using vellum and embossing lately for quite a few of my cards mostly because I don't want to cover up my backgrounds too much.  I love the way it looks with gold.  And those pretty little flowers are my favorite to have on hand... they come in all kinds of colors although the white are my favorite and these natural colors come in a close second.  I stock up at Hobby Lobby when they are on sale... last time they tried to hide them on me.. they weren't with the rest of the flowers and embellishments.. but I found them and brought a few packages home with me.


I cute quite a few of these coffee cups out while trying to land on the perfect color and it turned out to be the one I cut originally from the base!  So I'll save the others for future projects.

And those sequins... I used the special limited edition Latte blend from Paper Sweeties (that you can still get here as I type this) and added some pretty tiny gold hearts from Kat Scrappiness and just a few tiny dark brown ones from Pretty Pink Posh. 


I mustn't forget to mention those awesome stitched layers from Stamplorations, the fantastic sentiment from MFT, and my favorite banners from CDD.

So much fun has been had!  I've learned so much participating in these projects and am so thankful to MFT for hosting this fun!  You have until sometime on the 24th to link up to any or all projects so what are you waiting for??  Head over there and check it out!  There are lots of prizes to be handed out on the 28th!

See you again soon!  Tomorrow morning I will be back to cleaning up... right now it looks like a tornado hit camp.. yikes... stop again!


7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this! LOVING those colors and the vellum!!!!!!!!

jeanchaneyaz said...

How nice your ombre blending turned out. Good idea to make the beans denser on the bottom to mimic the color variation. The colors almost look like you used coffee to paint with! Now, that's an idea!

Scrapper69 said...

It looks AWESOME Lisa! Great job with the blending and I love the background with the coffee beans.. wonderful shaker ombre style! :) Have a great day!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Becca Cruger said...

This card is oh-so-warm with the perfect amount of sparkle. Love it!

Mitralee said...

Really enjoyed reading your process and looking at your card while drinking an early cup of coffee! Hugs!

Melanie R said...

This is a terrific coffee card! I agree with Jean, it does look as if you painted with coffee, which I have done.

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.