Monday, October 9, 2017

Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas-"Tag" 2


I'm back with another installment of the Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas!  This is the inspiration tag up on the Funkie Junkie blog and here is how I was inspired:


As you know? I'm not creating tags for the challenge, but with the help of Mitra, who upcycled this lovely golf ball display for me, I'm creating a collage of Christmas/Winter themed cubbies.  I took inspiration from the white and gold of the inspiration tag of course and those snowflakes... so pretty!


I was going to (or did) add some crackle texture paste to this wooden sentiment, however it wasn't turning out how I'd hoped so I scraped "most" of it off... turns out what was left created a distressed... almost dots of snow effect... so I played that up by adding some Nuvo glitter texture paste to the tops of the sentiment.


And I was excited when I saw those pretty little white pearly do-dads on the inspiration tag because I knew I had some of those and they'd be perfect for this!


I was concerned about dust getting in behind the sentiment and I thought it would be cool to create a shaker of sorts (although hopefully this piece will not be shaken ... lol... but I filled the cubby with jingle bells and then glued a piece of acetate over it.  I think it looks pretty cool!


 So that's it!  You should play along! You can create what you want inspired by the tags!  Even tags!  And if you play along in order to be eligible for the give-away at the end and the participation discount, be sure to link not just to the blog, but also to the Funkie Junkie Store at http://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/!


Here it is so far... I have ideas for the next one so see you again soon!  And here's a link to "Tag" 1 if you are interested!


5 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

You've aged this cutout so beautifully! I am in love with the vintage look you created and love that it overflows to the surrounding cubbies. This is so fun and just beautiful! Big hugs, Autumn

Karen Dunbrook said...

love your tag, fab look.
xx Karen

Theresa said...

nice add to your box. thanks so much for sharing.

Scrapper69 said...

WOW! What a great idea! LOVE the vintage style!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a beautiful central focal point to your curio box. I love the way the crackle surface turned out with the frosting of "snow" over the top. The snowflakes with the pearly centers are the frosting on the cake!

Hugs,
Linda