Monday, February 5, 2018

Heart 2 Heart Guestie for February!


Excited to be guesting with the gang over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges in February!  This week it's a sketch challenge.  You can use any sketch you like from the Make It From Your Heart How To Guides!  I used a Sketch from the Close To My Heart Make It From Your Heart Volume 1, Sketch 23, on Page 44.


Unlike myself I did a pretty good job of sticking with the sketch this time..lol!  Although my background "rectangles" are really squares but it's hard to tell because my banner goes across the whole thing.  I knew I wanted to use this "Celebrate" die from CTMH and it's pretty long, so I needed to make my center piece a little big bigger than in the sketch to be sure Celebrate stood out.

This is a birthday card for my dad so it had to be fairly masculine.. again... unlike me, no flowers and just a little bit of glitter..lol!  I think I did pretty good!  I used a Stamplorations die for that beautiful stitched background.


That handsome gray plaid and the woodgrain that I cut the banner from are from the Close To My Heart Jack paper pack-I should have bought so many extra packs of that one.  I just love those papers!  And celebrate was cut once from a distressed silver foil paper and twice from the gray that I used for the base and I stacked the three together to give them dimension and look almost like a chipboard piece.  It only takes a little bit of extra time and I love the look of it.  I use Ranger Multi Medium Matte when I do this or any time I glue on thin pieces because the glue dries to a matte finish and it doesn't curl the piece I glue it on.  (Thanks to my friend Melanie for that tip!)

I used a Craftin Desert Divas border die for that beautiful hanging banner with some silver glitter paper.  I used Liquid Glass to glue the border on .. just a small amount in a couple strategic places because I wanted it to be mosty free and also used Liquid Glass to glue on my silver sequins (then I don't have to worry about them falling off!)

I'm playing along with the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge to use a One Word Sentiment and also with the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge!  You should check these out too!

And don't forget!  You have all month to play along with all of the challenges over at Heart 2 Heart!  For this challenge, pick your favorite sketch and join in on the fun!


5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on the GDT!! This is GORGEOUS! LOVING that banner!!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Congratulations on the guest spot. And, I love your very elegant and glittery card you designed.

Katy said...

So shiny & pretty!

Scrapper69 said...

Congrats on the GD spot! How awesome!!! Your card looks wonderful and even though you made it for your Dad.... I can totally see this card for a female as well! Perfect versatile card!!

Theresa

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card! Such a wonderful design! Love the silver!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa